Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What not to say to women #2:

Guy wearing Indiana Jones-style hat and his friend.  Drinks have been bought and conversation has been good up to this point.

Guy in hat: "So you're gonna go see the new Indiana Jones movie?"
Friend: (before I can answer) "Wait!  My friend here is a huge Indiana Jones fan.  He can even tell you what kind of belt he wore in the movies!"
Guy in hat: "Which movie?"
Friend: "Raiders of the Lost Ark."
Guy in hat: "Which belt - his regular belt, or his gun belt?"  Clearly geeking out at this point.  This is the most excited this guy has been in the last 15 minutes.
Friend: "Either.  Both.  I don't care!"
Guy in hat then proceeds to rattle off more details than I knew there could be about a belt.

You know, I don't care if you are a geek about some things.  Heck, I am too.  But it might not be appropriate to jump into nerd-dom within 15 minutes of knowing someone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment