Wednesday, May 14, 2008

On the merits of going mobile...

I've been thinking about getting a 3g iphone when it comes out this summer.  I almost certainly will.



Which raises the question: should I get rid of my land line?



Pros:
1) It's cheaper (though only by like $40 or so per month)
2) The only people who ever call my house anymore are telemarketers, people I have a business relationship with, and on occasion, my parents.  I can talk to my parents on my cell or online.
3) Cell or land line, I don't spend all that much time actually talking on the phone anyways.  I'm more likely to communicate by text, AIM, or e-mail.  The only people that I spend any serious time on the phone with are my parents.
4) I never answer my home phone anymore (which led me to realize that I must change my answering machine message more than 5 months after Jeff moved out) because it is always a telemarketer or some collection agency calling for Sharon someone who must have used this phone number at some point.



Cons:
1) What am I going to do with all those nice phones I have?
2) Previously mentioned business calls...it's gonna be a pain to have to make sure everyone important has my cell number, and I like the fact that I don't get telemarketing calls on my cell right now.  I don't have to screen my cell calls; I know everyone calling me.
3) There are a few areas of my house that get not so great reception on my cell. 



So what say those of you who actually have done this and have no land line?  Is it a good move or a bad one?



3 comments:

  1. So i realize LAN line should be landline...just wanted to let you know. I guess it's one of those things that I've misheard...like when laptops first came out forever ago and i thought everyone was saying lab-top because people used them in labs....LOL. i hate words when there sounds all blend together! Oh well, at least i don't say bi-opic for bio-pic. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and of course i mean "their sounds" not "there sounds"...god, i must be sleeping today. or maybe i should just proof my own stuff. hope mom doesn't read all this! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, i'm not going to apologize for making fun of you like mom did....i don't think it would be very sisterly. haha.

    ReplyDelete