Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Nunavut is not just a place in Canada

I played two big pots at the Monday game:

1) Second hand of the game: I flopped a set against two pair and top pair, two pair got there on the turn, after one of his outs was already dead.  Boat over boat, and mine is no good.  Immediately the very next hand I get AdAh, assume people will think I'm steaming (because I actually am), raise it and get NO ACTION.  Furthermore, two pair ran his two pair into a set again (not mine) again about 20 mins later and started complaining about it, which made me want to jump up on the table and slap him.

2) I pf raise with 84h in the cutoff (steaming, remember?) but the flop is actually not bad for my hand!  All the money goes in on the flop.  Bottom set of 6's thinks and thinks and thinks, then calls (same player who made a higher boat btw) saying: "I don't know what to do.... she's a solid player.... she's gotta have me beat.  I guess I call."  (Editor's note: I don't actually want this player to learn how to fold a set on a scary board.  I just want my hand to hold up.  I know that is too much to ask though).  I make the straight on the turn and pick up my flush redraw at the same time.  ("Ship the pot to meeeeeeeee," I'm thinking in my head. "Please just don't pair the board.").  There couldn't be a better turn card... but there could be a better river card when a black, board-pairing 6 peels off on the river.  I wince before he even turns his quads over, at which point he starts saying: "Finally!!!  I never get there!"  Uh, Sir, let me refer you to hand number 1 where you had a total of 3 live outs.

Nunavut is not just a place in Canada.  It's also how much of those pots I got.

It's 9:05pm and I'm in the game $400.  Game started at 8.  I could probably rebuy and get back even...maybe even make some profit (this game is EASY) but I'm in no frame of mind to do it.  Fuck it, I'm going to the bar.  See ya all later.

As I'm on my way out the door, one of the regular players who gives me credit for being a tight, good player was overheard saying: "84h??????  Didn't she raise pf?!?!?!?!"  Uh yeah.  To quote Kenny: "It's 2008, bitches." 

No comments:

Post a Comment