Monday, May 5, 2008

Beau Rivage review

The Beau poker room is really nice.  It's certainly the best poker room I've been to in terms of managers taking care of their players (both monetarily and otherwise).  The dealers were also top notch - I couldn't really pick out more than one dealer who was really having a hard time, and in most rooms there are several.  I also really liked the no cap buyins at NL games and playing with $100s.  It was really nice at the end of a session to be able to sell chips around the table and not have to go to the cage.



Negatives: not a lot of action (Travis will disagree with me here, but I was not playing $5/10).  I played 1/2, 2/5, 4/8 HOSE, and 2/5 PLO.  Plenty of action to be had at PLO and HOSE.  Not as much action at the 1/2 and 2/5 tables (compared to say, AC, or Foxwoods).  There were a few individual players who increased the action quotient at any given table, but on the whole most of the tables I played at were frustratingly tight (although tight weak), and even Saturday night at 1am, we were having trouble filling up our table.  There definitely was not your standard Friday/Saturday drunk crowd.  The best action was probably Friday early afternoon after people started busting out of their "big" $300 buyin tourney.  Whereas in AC/Vegas/Foxwoods, you can get people to bet your own hand for you, it was harder to get people to do that at the Beau in my experience.



Anyways, other than running bad, I really liked the poker room a lot and will definitely be trying to return in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment