Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Chocolat

"Once upon a time, there was a quiet little village in the French
countryside, whose people believed in Tranquilité - Tranquility. If you
lived in this village, you understood what was expected of you. You
knew your place in the scheme of things. And if you happened to forget,
someone would help remind you. In this village, if you saw something
you weren't supposed to see, you learned to look the other way. If
perchance your hopes had been disappointed, you learned never to ask
for more. So through good times and bad, famine and feast, the
villagers held fast to their traditions. Until, one winter day, a sly
wind blew in from the North...
"

I love this movie (and the book is good too).  It's been on Starz all week (and is ONDemand) and I've been catching bits and pieces of it on the tv while I've had it on in the background doing other stuff.

I don't know if I like this movie so much because it has Johnny Depp in it, or because the town reminds me in some ways of the small, gossipy town I grew up in, or because it's just a good movie with a good script, good acting, and good music.  Either way, this is on my list of feel good movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment