Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Grinding sucks but I guess it's better than the alternative

I've only had two losing sessions over the past 30 days.  I'm also in the black over the same time period (huzzah!).

However, my wins in the past month haven't been greater than $200 in a session.  The average is around $100.  Considering all I've played the past month is pink (5/10 Limit TOE), 1/2 and 2/5 NL, I guess this is OK, but I was really hoping to make more at the 2/5NL up in AC. 

I was bitching to Keenan the other day that I haven't been able to make any big scores recently and he pointed out that it is better than the alternative (aka shipping it).  I suppose this is true.  I could really use any positive income right now and every little bit helps, but it is pretty frustrating to profit such a little amount.  I've been really proud of my ability to just get up and cash out when I'm ahead and I realize that I'm starting to play bad...which is probably a reflection of my improved mood of late more than anything.  I don't mind just being at home these days.  I've also been playing a lot more solid poker and it's been showing in the fact that (other than at pink) my stack hasn't been fluctuating nearly as much as it normally does (yeah I'm a nerd and try to keep track of this kind of thing).

And speaking of poker, all the degens (and their mothers ha ha) are up in AC this week and I'm headed up myself later tonight.  Ricky and Pops are up there now, Anne's going up this afternoon and I'm leaving tonight after my comp study group meets.  E's talking about heading up too.  I got a free room tonight and Wednesday, gonna play through Thursday afternoon and then head home Thursday evening some time.  Wish me luck.  Sure would be nice to do something this trip other than just pay for gas/tolls (like the last two trips). 

I've been very strict with the no table games policy...ask Anne, I was looking longingly at the pit last week at the Borgata.  Fortunately I was able to ignore their siren song.  Hopefully I can keep up my willpower on that front on this trip too.  Need to save some money so I can gambool in Vegas (2 weeks and counting!!!).



No comments:

Post a Comment