Sunday, June 1, 2008

Confessions in Nerddom

Back in the day I used to be a gaming geek.  Consoles, computers, first person shooters, strategy, it did not matter.  When the new hot game came out, I bought it and would stay up hours and hours (days) at a time playing it til I beat it.  (To my poker friends, wow does this sound familiar?)

Since I've been at Maryland I haven't been playing video games as much.  I'm afraid to buy a new game because I'm afraid I won't be able to stop playing it and then I won't get my work done.  On the other hand, it's good to have some kind of distraction.  For Christmas I got a new game and was able to pull myself away from it.  I must have developed some discipline somewhere.

Anyways, one of the games I used to play for hours on end is Civilization.  I am a sucker for any Sid Meier game, just like I'm a sucker for the GTA games and all of the Sim games.  Tonight it's like 3:30am, I'm online after being out playing at a poker game and then at the bar...  Blevins and I are chatting about his tourney win tonight when all of a sudden he says "Hey this might sound gay, but...

do you want to play Civ sometime?"

Are you kidding me?!?  I LOVE THAT GAME!  Hellz yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment