Saturday, June 28, 2008

"If anyone can do it, it's you, Huck."

Remember that scene in Lucky You?

Last night Nelly was going to register for a small buy-in tourney at Venetian and I was gong to play cash.  Leenan on the other hand had no money.  Until he found $4 in his shirt pocket.  Sweet!  Let's hit up the penny slots.  An hour later, Keenan had turned his $4 into $70, $51, $21, and then back into $50 thanks to the penny slots.

Then he went to blackjack and turned $50 into $180.

Sweet - $180 is a buy in.

8 hours after we originally started this nonsense, Keenan and I are ready to cash out and join the others who have gone to bed long ago.  We were at the same table (Keenan flashed me the degenerate bat signal after my HORSE game broke - he was at a good table and we successfully stayed out of each others' way). I told him I was done when it got to my BB.  Then I look at his stack of $700 less a very lengthy massage and say - that's $4, right?

The guy next to me looks at me like I am that Barbie doll that says: "Math is hard."

Nice hit, sir.  Way to turn nothing into something.  Nice alchemy.

Nelly (aka my horse) is playing event #49 today.  As we speak, she and the others are out foraging for breakfast.  I think I'm headed back to bed and then over to the Rio in the afternoon.

I registered for my tournament (#51) yesterday.  Table Orange 25, seat 1 to start for those that are curious.  I've been playing a lot of HORSE cash games here the past few days and I've met quite a few people playing #51.  Should be interesting.  Oh yeah, and a thank you to my backers.  I have been able to sell a full 2/3rds of myself. 



1 comment:

  1. haha, i'm watching this right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete