Thursday, April 24, 2008

Rant of the Day

I am sitting in the grad lab prepping for my sections this afternoon when Jesse reminded me of one of my number one pet peeves.



I am a universal donor (O-) in terms of blood donation.  BUT since I have lived in the UK for more than 3 months since 1979 I can never donate.  It's not even like I can donate 10 years after or 20 years after.   It's just a permanent blacklist from donating forever and ever, amen.



In the DC area where many people travel abroad for extended periods of time, this has to cut into their donor base.



What is the reason?  There is no blood test for mad cow disease (ah, maybe that is my problem!).  I guess it's good that they are being safe, but don't you think after, say 20 years, the person would have figured out if they had mad cow or not???



No comments:

Post a Comment