Thursday, April 17, 2008

DC

DC is kinda like an ex-lover of mine.  When we first got together things were really great and I was continuously surprised.  Then after being together for awhile, we both got comfortable with each other...but at the same time some of the excitement wore off.  Finally, I decided city-life was overrated (read: too expensive for someone then making $35k/year), so I moved out to the suburbs.



Now that I have lived in the 'burbs for 8 years (yikes - has it really been that long?!?), or maybe perhaps because I am newly single, I find myself thinking back to DC and thinking how it wasn't really that bad after all.  Of course, DC and I have both changed a lot in the intervening eight years.



I wish I lived downtown again.  Lots of great restaurants and bars.  Lots of my friends live there.  AND you can walk home (or easily take a cab) after a night out.  I used to walk everywhere (didn't have a car til the end of 2004). 



I suffered from some major DC nostalgia last night when I met up with Mircalla and some other friends from college at one of our old (and some of their current) hang outs: Cap Lounge.  Tuesdays are .10cent wing night.  I think between all of us we ended up literally ordering about 100.  Good times were had by all and I was reminded of some stories that I had forgotten.  I miss my friends from college.



No comments:

Post a Comment