Sunday, March 30, 2008

Crab cakes

The only magazine I get that is not school related (and I guess technically those are "journals") these days is Cooking Light.  I look forward to it every month because it means a bunch of new recipes to try.  April's issue came on Saturday and I promised myself to make something out of it today.  There are a ton of good recipes in this issue, so I don't know that I'm going to be able to get through all of the ones I want to try.  For example, there is a whole spread on handmade pasta by Lydia Bastianich and every single recipe in there looks delicious.  And there is another section on Indian cooking with lots of yummy looking curry recipes.  But what definitely caught my eye was the cover recipe: crab cakes.  Made them for dinner tonight and they definitely get two thumbs up.



1/4 c chopped red onion
2 T chopped parsley
3 T mayo
2 t dijon mustard
3/4 t old bay
1/2 t worcestershire sauce
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
1 pound lump crab meat
1 1/2 c panko
1 T olive oil



combine first 7 ingredients in bowl, gently fold in crab meat.  stir in 3/4 c panko.  cover and chill 30 mins.  divide mixture into 8 equal portions (about 1/2 c each) shape into patty.  place remaining panko in dish and dredge cake in panko.  heat oil in skillet, cook 7 minutes on each side. 



No comments:

Post a Comment