Friday, March 21, 2008

Blueberry Beer

Went out to Wonderland with Anne last night and we ended up having some of their daily special - 8% ABV blueberry beer called Wild Blue.  It was REALLY good.  I checked the bottle to see where it was brewed/bottled and low and behold it was made in Baldwinsville, NY.  That's about 15 minutes away from the small town in the middle of nowhere where I grew up.  It too is a small town in the middle of nowhere, though there is an Anheuser-Busch plant there and I guess that is actually where Wild Blue is brewed...in their craft brew section.  Regardless, it was really excellent, and I don't usually like fruit-inspired beers. 



In the map below I've marked Baldwinsville and Manlius (the town I grew up in). Zoom out to see it better.





View Larger Map



No comments:

Post a Comment