Monday, March 10, 2008

Finally - ATLARGE recap

I just don't have the inclination to write a long day by day breakdown of ATLARGE events, so instead here's a list of highlights.



13.  There's always something fun about looking out across a poker room and seeing 10 people you're friends with spread across the room.



12. Getting to see my sister, who I don't see all that often, considering we live 2.5 hours apart.



11. Me and Ricky almost peeing our pants from laughing so hard after the guy paying out Keenan got really confused as to who "Sandy McWhinerson" and "Kiki the Vag" were and why Sandy McWhinerson was trying to fill out his paperwork under a different name. 



10. Keenan on tilt storming out to play a slot machine to cool down and then telling said slot machine to eat a dick.



9.  Eating breakfast Friday morning at a literal bar with Keenan and Billy, and then playing the TOC tourney on multiple vodka redbulls.



8.  Deciding it was definitely a sign to leave my table Friday night after I had more than doubled and then in immediate succession: 1) some guy walked by and said: "wow that chick has a lot of chips." 2) the dealer did not deal me in on the button while I was seated for some inexplicable reason. 3) the fire alarm went off.  I took my chips and went up to the room, even though I liked my table.



7.  Running "real good" in the NLHE tourney...  First hand in the big blind my two pair is no good...  then bust out when my QQ ran into TT...T on the flop.  Guess I'd rather run bad in the tourneys than in cash though...and overall I can't complain about the way I was running at the cash tables (only one really stupid suckout).



6.  Being on uber-massive-monkey tilt during the Stud8 tourney where I literally saw 2 playable hands in 6 levels...and both bricked while other people caught real good.  And Drunkey McLucksack was seated at my table and annoying the ever-loving shit out of me.



5.  Alternating between getting phone numbers and having guys think I was being a bitch.  Being a girl playing poker is always interesting.



4.  And speaking of that, having the "pleasure" of meeting the guy who has got to be the biggest douchebag I have ever played poker with (and that is saying a lot).



3.  Running like crazy people through WaWa (twice) with Keenan and Billy trying to figure out what kind of crap junk food we wanted to buy.  In case you care, there are two votes against the pretzels.



2.  Having Keenan inform me that I was going to be his mommy while we were in AC.



1.  Actually leaving AC in the black...woohoo!  (and remembering some fundamentals of poker along the way)



No comments:

Post a Comment