Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Dinner with Dad

My dad is consulting on a project that has him down in DC about once/month.  Our schedules haven't matched up recently, but we finally worked it out Tuesday night and he took me out to District Chophouse which was conveniently located across the street from his hotel and was actually in the building he was doing work in.



I've never been to the District Chophouse, but I've heard good things from many people and, as I discovered by looking at their website, they brew their own beer - which I knew both me and dad would like.  As it turns out they have a $2.50/beer happy hour too, which was a pleasant surprise.



We both got the nut brown ale which was really good.  I love eating out with my dad because we can order food that other people might not like -- he ordered the mussels as an appetizer and they were REALLY good (they were in some kind of spicy marinara sauce).  He got the NY Strip and I got a filet on top of portabella mushrooms topped with gorgonzola cheese and a side of sharp cheddar mashed potatoes.  Sadly I couldn't finish all my food, but it was really good.



It was really nice catching up with my dad and hearing about the work he is doing these days.  Plus, when isn't it nice to be treated to dinner and have your dad throw random compliments your way?



Two thumbs up for District Chophouse.



No comments:

Post a Comment