Sunday, March 16, 2008

Last week in poker

Went up to AC with Travis after my class ended on Wednesday.  Came back on Friday early evening $800 richer.  First night there we played at Harrah's (where we were staying).  The room there is nice and I really like their chips.  However, the floor people mostly had no clue, and the action was kinda dead.  After about an hour I was up $150...then I ran my KK into AA when I really should have folded and proceeded to play some of the worst poker I have played in about a year.  Fortunately I only ended up $300 stuck.



The next day we headed over to Borgata.  I did a quick double up after I won a $300 side pot with T high and everyone at my crazy table wanted to pay me after that.  Cashed out (now even for the trip) when my sister and her boyfriend found me in the room and we went to go get some dinner.  (Note: the 24 hour place at the Borgata, The Metropolitan, has really good food!).  Played some roulette and ended up pushing there... came back to the poker room and was seated at seriously the tightest 1/2 table I have ever been seated at in my entire life.  The floor wouldn't give me a seat change and I started to get really bored.  I was up about $10 at that table and I decided to cash out and go play some table games since I felt that in my current state I might get really stupid and lose a lot more than $100 at the poker table.



Took my $100 in green chips left over from roulette and decided to go play blackjack...except I couldn't find a seat at a lower limit table.  Finally I decided to go put my money on a Texas Holdem Bonus table.  Really in order to make any money at that game you have to hit the bonus, so blackjack probably would have been smarter, but....  My $100 lasted me a pretty long time and I was hanging tough.  Finally I hit the bonus with AhJh which pays 20 to 1.  I cashed out $75 ahead and went back to the poker room.



The table I got seated at this time was awesome...  lots of drunk guys wearing rolexes who would raise pf and just give you there money if you hit anything.  After about 4-5 hours I was sitting on just over a grand and then the table broke.  I decided I'd take my money and run rather than trying to be seated at a new table at 5:30am, especially when I needed to drive home the next day.  Went back to the room, rented a movie, went to sleep...and somehow managed to leave AC  $800 ahead for the trip.



Then Friday night I shipped more than was necessary at pink.  I know how to play that game good and I even do it on occasion.  I just can't find the discipline to play O8 and especially Tahoe as tight as I should.  I never have any problem making/holding onto my money during the Stud8 round.  I was also running bad, which didn't help.  I left very early for me (2:30am) and went home. 



Saturday Pops was running a rebuy tourney for charity and then a cash game afterwards.  I didn't even come close to winning in the tourney, but only put in $120 to that...and it was for a good cause.  Got into the cash game and the next thing you know it's 12:30am and I'm cashing out over $1100.



Hopefully I can make some money on Monday too.  Next week is Spring break and I think I'm gonna head up to Foxwoods on Tuesday night.  May go up to AC instead, but I'm definitely going to be playing some poker.



No comments:

Post a Comment