Saturday, March 22, 2008

Best sentence I've read today

One of my favorite blogs regularly posts the best sentence of the day.  When I first started reading that blog, I wanted to copycat, but decided that most things I read in a day are really not that interesting (especially recently when I've been stuck reading a ton of midterms written by my students).



But I just read a great sentence on Poker Grump's blog that is without a doubt the best sentence of the day:

It frequently occurs in my life that people say things to me for
which I can think of no reply that is simultaneously meaningful, civil,
and honest.

Yes, I frequently have that problem too.  Few things that come out of my mouth are all three.  Not generally very meaningful, hardly ever civil, but generally pretty honest.



No comments:

Post a Comment