Monday, March 10, 2008

Thank goodness for small favors

So I got into a car accident today...with a bus.  Fortunately, I am not hurt and there was no one on the bus except for the driver.  No damage to the bus.  On the other hand my car had to be towed from the scene as it was not drivable.  The whole front end is no longer existent, all kinds of stuff was leaking out of my engine onto the road, my steering wheel wouldn't move, car wouldn't start...  I guess it's pretty obvious that a Beetle loses a battle with a bus.



Literally two days ago, I got my headlight fixed.  I got a repair order awhile back and have to get the paperwork into the MVA by Wednesday or else my registration will be suspended (yes, I procrastinated).  At the time of the accident, I was actually on my way to the state police barracks in College Park to get them to sign off on my repair order, so I could take it over to the MVA. 



Since the bus is county property we had to call the police and I got my first ticket for any moving violation *ever* (boo).  I wouldn't have gotten the ticket if it wasn't an accident with a damned bus because we wouldn't have had to call the cops, but there is a silver lining, I suppose....



So my entire front end is smashed...including the just repaired headlight.  Guess it's a good thing we had to call the police and that the officer was in a good mood because he signed off on my repair order after I gave him my sob story even though the headlight was in a million pieces.  I guess he figured even if I was lying, I was gonna have to get it fixed now anyways.  He even apologized when he wrote me the citation, and noted that he had to do it because the accident involved a county vehicle.   



No comments:

Post a Comment