Tuesday, January 29, 2008

So much for my break...

I had decided to take a break from poker once school started.  I really actually believed I was taking this break...up until I saw the lineup for the Monday game.  Then not only could I not stay away, but I could not leave the game.  Someone exorcize me.



I was hanging around even for hours after winning lots of small/average pots (after being in for the equivilent of 2 buy-ins...topping off twice...yeah I have $500-$600, but I paid for all these chips)...then I ended up straddling to Aces (!), making a silly $69 pf re-raise (look on Kenny's face when he realized the amount I raised was priceless), and finally pulled ahead of even.  At some point in the wee hours of dawn I flopped a set of jacks and thankfully boated on the river to have my hand hold up.  Lots of other little/average-sized pots kept me moving in a positive direction.



Then Val moved all in with her tpgk against my top two and hit her three outer on the river...and a few hands after that the new guy sucked out on my tptk with the nut flush redraw (AdKh) (four flush on the turn, flush draw bricked on the river) with his KQo which made a gutshot broadway on the turn.  He also slow-rolled me, but he's a newbie and prolly doesn't know any better.  I sang the slow roll song to Billy with a smile on my face (my efforts to improve going on tilt are working... but I suppose that's easier to do when you are ahead) and at that point I was up $300 for the night so I paid my board, took my profit and went home...er, to school. 



No comments:

Post a Comment