Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Poker is really stupid

Last week I tried to play "really good", by which I mean really bad.  Went in to the Monday night game last night giving myself a poker pep talk and trying to play good for real...and I did.  Before I knew it, an hour or two into the game, I'm up a hundred+.  As much as I would like to be up a million, I didn't really have any big hands...just taking down a bunch of small pots without much of anything.  Then somehow my aces stand up against Matt's kings and suddenly I have just under $700 profit...  I overplayed some hands, got some other hands cracked, then tried to get cute in an effort to get some money back.  After all that, hours later I am back to $100 profit.  Then I misread my hand and give Travis $100 because I thought I had a pair.  Oooops!  It's been so long since I've fucked something up that stupidly...wow, now I'm actually stuck in this dumb game.



Somehow I managed to leave the game with just under $800...  Please, don't call it a comeback until I am cashed out.



I like rollercoasters a lot, but not of the poker variety.  Wow...sometimes I play really bad. 



No comments:

Post a Comment