Thursday, December 25, 2008

Simon and garfunkel

Jammin out to Simon and Garfunkel with Sarah on the cross-Bronx expressway. She picked it and we're listening to her iPod which is kinda funny since I went through my Simon and garfunkel playlist on Friday on the way to ac.



My band used to sing a lot of s+g and we were known for our thee part harmony. I did the arranging and I usually put the standard 3rd below and then I would sing the rather unconventional 5th above which lent a very floaty, ethereal sound to a lot of the folk we sang. Rebecca and I used to do a really cool version of kathy's song with just the melody and the 5th above which sounded amazing.



Two observations: I can't hit the high 5th like I used to when I was 16, AND quite a few Simon and garfunkel songs are about relationships that have failed. Guess that's why three angsty teenage girls liked to sing their stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment