Friday, December 19, 2008

Bulemic at the Borgata

At the Borgata, playing 1/2NL.  I have been card dead, in addition to bleeding some chips when I flopped a straight flush draw that left me with A high and another hand where I ran AQ into 72 (shout out to Kenny) on a 2Q2 flop.  I've been playing for about 1.5 hours though, and even with these hands I am only down around $100.  I've been playing well and not getting crazy. 

In MP, I look down and see pocket threes.  Several limpers ahead of me, so I limp too.  Rock in the cutoff raises to $12.  I'm all set to fold until everyone calls behind.  Oh look: flop is 7x3, all hearts.  I bet out at flop, about half the pot.  Rock thinks, then raises.  Fold, fold, fold...  I think.  Rock has not been raising AK or AQ type hands.  I put him on big pair with a heart.  I shove, he calls.  I'm happy to note that he does not look happy about calling.  Even happier when he turns over AdAh.  NO HEART!

I'm thrilled to see a black 7 on the turn, until the river is also a 7, and then I want to puke.  One guy at the table says: "What happened???  Why didn't you get that pot?  I thought you had a boat?"  Yessir, but 7's full of aces beats 3's full of sevens, according to Hoyle.

I have about $50 behind, and steal some calls of a small raise when I shove with AcQc a few hands later and everyone folds to me.  I'm up to around $75 when I look down about an orbit after the disastrous 3's full hand and see Ah7h...lots of limpers, so what the hell, I raise.  Get 4 callers.  Flop is Ac2h8h.  Guy in EP bets out, I shove for the rest of my small stack.  Everyone folds except for EP guy.  He turns over AQ of black.  I'm really liking the black 7 turn...until a black 8 rolls off on the river. 

"That's two hands you've been counterfitted right in a row," says a guy who means well but is annoying the crap out of me.  ORLY?  I didn't notice.  /sarcasm

Well, I set out to play good this trip, and I have, so far.  Hopefully I can turn it around.  Gonna finish submitting my students' grades and then head to Caesars or the Trop.  Hopefully I can turn my luck around...at least I can say I'm happy with my play. 



No comments:

Post a Comment