Sunday, December 14, 2008

Looking for recommendations

I have the next six weeks to do whatever I want to do, no strings attached.  I'm getting ready to go to bed in a bit and it feels so great to know this is the first Monday in forever I don't have to set an alarm to be up by 9am.  Nope, I can sleep as late or as early as I want.  If I don't want to get out of bed...don't have to.

Anyways, I'm looking for some good fiction.  I have a bunch of non-fiction to catch up on already. 

I like Dan Brown/Steve Berry type books, as well as historical fiction.  I've read all Harry Potter books upon their release.  Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle trilogy is probably the best bunch of books I've read in the past 5 years.  James Michener is probably my all time favorite author, and I have a soft spot for Kurt Vonnegut.  This is starting to sound like a personals write up so I'll stop.

Please leave recommendations in the comments.



1 comment:

  1. C.S. Lewis' Space Trilogy -
    Out of the Silent Planet
    Perelandra
    That Hideous Strength
    The first book is ridiculously simple. The second book is one of my favorite books by far. The third book...eh...start it but feel free to throw it aside (I like it myself, but not nearly as much as the first two; it was written as an apologetic against a certain minor heresy in the modern church).
    Peace,
    Greg

    ReplyDelete