Friday, December 7, 2007

Wonderland

Last night around 8:30 I realized I left a book in my office that I needed, so I trudged to campus, ran up to the 5th floor of Tydings, grabbed the book, and...got a text message from Anne asking if I wanted to go out.  I tried to protest. 



Me: I look scrubby.
Anne: It's Thursday, no one cares.  You can borrow some makeup when you come pick me up.



Me: I have to be up early tomorrow for sections.
Anne: Fine, we won't stay that late.



Me: It's cold.
Anne: That's a lame excuse.  They have heat.



The lure of good beer was too strong.  Anne lives really close to campus and I was only like 5 minutes from her apartment...and Wonderland is close to her apartment.  I drove over and picked her up.



I'm glad I finally got there.  I know a lot of people who love that bar and now I can see why.  Good music and GREAT beer on tap.  Friendly barkeep. 



Anne had just gotten through telling me that she always runs into people she knows there when all of a sudden some guy with a beard comes up from behind me and gives me a hug.  I turn around and it's my friend Alex from school who tells me he's trying to drown his end of semester stress.  I raise my mug of Anchor Steam (which they have on tap!) and tell him I can relate. 



Anyways, I can imagine it gets very crowded on weekends because it's pretty small, but for midweek drinking it's a perfect bar.



No comments:

Post a Comment