Thursday, December 20, 2007

Trivia Choking

So a few weeks ago when I started showing up for pub trivia on Tuesdays, Keenan was joking around that I was the Randy Moss of trivia and now we would win.  Sadly, the past two weeks we have worked our way into second place only to choke on the final question.  Last week in particular it was brutal because we made an awesome comeback from second to last to second place...with only 30 points separating us from the leaders.  The set up on the last question at Orange Ball is like final Jeopardy...you have to wager.  We wagered a lot and ended up with a measly 80 points...putting us from second place to somewhere close to dead last.  Plus we lost to a team of tools who called themselves "Team PokerStars."  We started joking around to them that we were Team FullTilt because FT has better pros...



Losing the glory is bothering me!  And we won't be able to try to actually win one of these damn things until 1/8.  I think it's time for a game of Trivial Pursuit so I can assert my trivia dominance. 



Bonuses of the evening: In Bethesda two weeks ago at Union Jack's we saw a bar fight between a bunch of guys in suits.  Ha-freaking-larious.  Only in Bethesda.  And, at Orange Ball, Curtis bought me and Billy a shot of Patron.  Free drinks are always good.



No comments:

Post a Comment