Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Rediscovering music: TMBG

Way back in the 90's I went to a They Might Be Giants show at the 9:30 club with some friends (there's some real good stories that came out of that night, but that's another story for another blog post).  I was tagging along; completely unfamiliar with the band.  But my friend who told me that I would like them was right - their music cracked me up.



People who know me probably know that my ringtone on my phone has been TMBG's "Birdhouse in Your Soul" forever.  It's one of my favorite songs by them - a song about a freaking night light.  It is perhaps second only to "James K. Polk." 



Anyways, I have not listened to TMBG in quite awhile.  They're not on my ipod for some reason and I can't find my cd.  However, I just went ahead and downloaded them onto my ipod and now I'm happily rocking out to "Birdhouse in Your Soul" whenever I want to, not just when someone calls me or texts me.



No comments:

Post a Comment