Monday, December 24, 2007

Foxwoods on Xmas eve morning

I had plans for a long, story-filled blog post, but instead I'm keeping this one short and sweet.  Got to Foxwoods just before midnight on the 23rd and found an 8 person wait list for 1/2.  It didn't take all that long to get seated, but that is unusual - even for a holiday.  Got seated at a table I was in love with (lots of weak passive players, and no one that I felt I really needed to watch out for), but could not catch a hand to save my life.  I didn't have very many stellar preflop hands (JJ once, AK once and that was about it), but fortunately, as I mentioned, my table was fairly passive so it was easy to limp with marginal holdings and also relatively easy to steal after my table image had been established.  Finally connected with a few boards and after about 4 hours of play had made $200.  At that point, the table had just had some new players come in, I was tired, and knew I had stuff to do later that day, so I played my last free hands and cashed out. 



There were some funny antics at my table, but I'm not really in the mood to recount them now...  Suffice it to say this one guy made a hilarious play (bluff) by showing a nine.  For at least an hour after that, jokes about "showing the nine" were flying around the table.  I also got some standard TFD* abuse, but the guy who was the worst offender paid me off every time, so I guess I can't complain too much.



Don't know if I'm gonna get there again this trip since I'm leaving Wednesday afternoon, but I might try to go play later today (Xmas) at some point. 



*TFD: Typical Foxwoods Donkey - A player who is generally from the Boston area, sexist, and drunk.  They also think they are the best player ever but insist on paying me off every time, most likely because I am a girl.  As a result of calling station tendencies, suckouts are also possible.  They populate the 1/2 tables at Foxwoods on the weekends and love to make jokes about female dealers/players.  I feel worse for the dealers because they have to take the jokes without getting anything out of it.  At least I can hope to take their money. 



No comments:

Post a Comment