Wednesday, June 27, 2007

It's the little things that make me smile

Came into the office this morning, walked by my mailbox and found a bright red interoffice envelope with my name on it.  Opened it up to find a copy of the draft final report for a project I was deeply invested in before I left to go to grad school with a welcome back note from the PD.  "That's nice," I thought to myself.  Then I looked closer.  My name was on the front cover!  I was given credit for the work I did!!  And I'm not even a real employee anymore!!!



It is kind of an unwritten rule at my company that you don't get front cover credit unless you are a senior person on the contract or you've written large sections of the report.  While I did do an awful lot of work on this project, I have done more work on other final reports without getting cover credit.  Not something that matters a lot in any measurable way, but it put a smile on my face this morning and that is enough.  Thanks, Peter!



No comments:

Post a Comment