Wednesday, June 27, 2007

You can take the girl out of CNY, but you can't take the CNY out of the girl

I came across this article in my google reader this morning...  I'm certainly no Republican, but I'm not surprised by Gov. Spitzer's lack of attention to the economic problems of upstate NY (which have been a problem since at least the time when I first moved there 26 (wow I'm old) years ago).  Most of upstate is pretty rural and the existing cities resemble rust belt cities more than resort towns.  It's a great place to live...if you can find a steady job with decent pay. (and BTW for all you downstaters, by upstate, I don't mean Rye...)



I have never been a fan of ex-Gov. Pataki, but at least he understood that downstate politicians need to keep upstaters happy in order to win re-election.  This article is a great example of why I am fed up with the two party system - it's become problematic even on a state/local level.  A whole article with two politicians spending all of their time blaming the other for getting nothing done while real problems that aren't nearly as difficult to address as say, the energy crisis or world peace, go ignored.  Or worse, used as a political posturing tool.  [LOUD SIGH]



No comments:

Post a Comment