Sunday, September 7, 2008

Myers-Briggs: I am still the Healer

Awhile back I was talking to someone about the Myers-Briggs personality inventory and told him that in college I tested as INFP.  I think he was surprised because most people do not think of me as an introvert.  I can be loud, in people's faces with my opinions, and the like.  However, in a situation where I do not know many people I tend to be the classic introvert: quiet and keeping to myself.  I'm also bad at expressing my emotions to others. 

(Side note: This was one of the best things about being in a sorority - it forced me to learn how to force myself to interact with new people in social situations, even though I am not in my element doing so.  At least now I can pretend to function like I am not socially retarded, LOL)

Anyways, I felt that maybe I was not an INFP any more after thinking about it (mostly on the analytical side; I have always liked data), so I just re-tested myself.  Guess what - I may be jaded, loud, and obsessed with information, but apparently I am still INFP at heart.  Guess this isn't surprising... most of my life decisions have not been "practical" in nature, but aimed at satisfying my feelings.

I wonder if S/N or T/F's are naturally better suited to poker.  I'm guessing probably T rather than F, but on the S/N front, it could be a toss up.



No comments:

Post a Comment