Thursday, September 11, 2008

Dinner tonight

Been awhile since I posted a recipe on here.  The one (non polisci) magazine I still subscribe to is Cooking Light and I subscribe to a lot of food blogs. 

But now that there is not someone expecting dinner on the regular, and I'm only cooking for one, I have become a lot lazier about cooking.  I do actually enjoy it though and I'm trying to cook at least twice every week. 

I didn't get to marinate this as much as it called for, but it still turned out good.  Couscous and green beans as sides.  I'm planning on bringing left overs to school tomorrow for lunch.


Moroccan Spiced Grilled Chicken Breasts Recipe








Ingredients



  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt

  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (or 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander)

  • 1 Tbsp olive oil

  • 2 cloves garlic, minced

  • 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika

  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

  • 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts






Method


1
Mix the marinade ingredients (yogurt, cilantro, olive oil, garlic,
paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper) together in a medium sized bowl. Add
the chicken pieces to the bowl and thoroughly coat with the marinade.
Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator from 6 to 10
hours.



2 Heat your grill on high heat if you are using a gas grill,
or prepare coals for direct heat if you are using charcoal. If you do
not have a grill you can use a cast-iron grill pan on your stove. Grill
the chicken breasts a few minutes on each side, until cooked through.
Take care not to overcook, as chicken breasts can easily dry out.




No comments:

Post a Comment