Sunday, September 28, 2008

If you know the notes to sing, you can sing most anything...

I've always been pretty observant and able to make good personal and situational reads - not just in poker, but in dealing with people in general. Problem with this is, especially when you learn this power at a young age, you tend to think you have some kind of sense of control over your environment. This is an illusion. Sometimes you can read the situation right, make the correct moves, and you still end up with a less than optimal outcome. And there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

This is exactly how my last trip to AC went. I didn't lose a lot because I was able to limit my losses. But at the same time, I bled and bled and bled because I kept doing things like hitting trips against boats, hitting trips and being barely kicked, etc, etc, etc.

And at pink same thing. Oh look I flopped a set. No good. Oh look, I have the nut straight and the nut flush redraw, and a low. No good. Wash, rinse, repeat.

The past two weeks have been awful for my bankroll as a result. I'm even in deeper than in December of 2006 which is the month in which I probably played the worst I ever have in my entire life. And I'm not playing bad now; I'm actually playing really well, but things just aren't going my way. Just gotta keep my head down and keep on, avoid tilt, and the urge to try to play catch up.

I'm going to AC on 10/8. I think I need to take a poker break until then. Stay tuned to find out if I can actually stick with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment