Thursday, September 20, 2007

Fine, Fine Music

"Then one fine morning she puts on a New York station,
You know she don't believe what she heard at all.
She started shakin' to that fine, fine music,
You know her life was saved by rock and roll."
    -Rock and Roll, The Velvet Underground



I love rediscovering old musical favorites.  Back in college I went through a big Velvet Underground phase.  For some strange reason I just haven't listened to them in quite awhile.  I was reading Tao of Poker tonight and Pauly reminded me about their music by making a "Femme Fatale" reference.  Now I'm sitting here working on school stuff and jamming out to the VU.  This stuff is so good; how did I not let it grace my ears for so long?  Go pull out your VU, or go out and buy it and give it a listen.



No comments:

Post a Comment