Wednesday, February 15, 2006

wierd london coincidence

I got an email from the place we booked our trip through.  Seems they had to change our hotel because the one we were booked into was full.  The place they booked us into is a major upgrade -- it's a studio apartment (kitchen, king sized bed, living room area, laundry), and it's in a much more convenient location.  I'm actually sad we won't be there for longer so I could actually go to the grocery and cook us a few meals with ingredients I remember fondly.



Here's the wierd part though -- the new hotel is directly across the square from where I lived in London in 1998.  I lived at 3 Princes Square.  The hotel is 42 Princes Square.  We will be smack dab in the middle of the old neighborhood.



2 comments:

  1. not to be a brat or anything..but i always thought "wierd" was spelled "weird".

    ReplyDelete
  2. brat - hmmm?
    i before e except after c
    unless the sound is "ay"
    as in neighbor and weigh -
    and then there are those few exceptions:
    either, neither, friend, weird, financier, seize.

    ReplyDelete