Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Moment of Panic Last Night

Last night, I got home and was trying to get things organized for our impromptu trip to London.  First thing on the list: find our passports.  Jeff was convinced they were in the fire proof safe in our office, but I looked and they were nowhere to be found!  After a moment of panic, I found them in the top drawer of my desk - next to all my left over pounds/euros.  Oops.



Anyone who knows me knows that for me, planning the vacation is half the fun, so I've been doing a  lot of research and making a list of things we have to see.  Also - of course, food is half the fun.  I'm planning to take Jeff to my favorite sandwich shop: Pret A Manger, Wagamama - a great Japanese noodle place, and my local pub when I last lived there (the Prince Edward).  I'd love to stroll through the old neighborhood and see how similar it is...  I wonder if the French crepe guy still puts his stand on our corner, and if the good coffee shop is still on Queensway.  Jeff has been to the Prince Edward before (or as me and my flatmates used to cheekingly call it: "Eddie's", but he hasn't been to the other two.  A new sushi chain that is supposedly pretty good (Yo!Sushi) has opened up since the last time I was there as well.  Any other suggestions for good restaurants?  I'm all ears.



No comments:

Post a Comment