Monday, February 6, 2006

"The Life Pursuit" Take II

I've been listening to this pretty much every chance I get since I pre-ordered it.  Lots of the songs have grown on me more.  I've found myself singing along in my head to "Funny Little Frog".  And as I listen more and more, some of the lyrics are making me fall in love all over again with B&S.  Some of my favorites:



  • “Oh, if I could make sense of it all!
    I wish that I could sing
    I’d stay in a melody
    I would float along in my everlasting song
    What would I do to believe?”



  • She said “You ain’t ugly, you can kiss me if you like”
    Go ahead and kiss her, you don’t know what you’re missing
    You said “Baby, you’re special,
    But there’s something not quite right.”



  • If I could have a second skin
    I’d probably dress up in you



  • Sukie was the kid, she liked to hang out at the art school
    She didn’t enrol, but she wiped the floor with all the arseholes
    She took a bijou flat with the fraternity cat
    She hid inside the attic of the sculpture building
    She had a slut slave and his name was Dave
    She said ‘Be my photo bitch and I’ll make you rich’



  • Honey lovin you is the greatest thing
    I get to be myself and I get to sing
    I get to play at being irresponsible
    I come home late at night and I love your soul
    I never forget you in my prayers
    I never have a bad thing to report



Lots of places came out with reviews today and they are all pretty good:





Of course, most all of the reviews mention that B&S are 10 years old.  Which is just another thing that makes me feel like I'm getting old.  Wah.



No comments:

Post a Comment