Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"Try this on for size"

I like to do work in the grad lab at school.  Inevitably there's also other people working on the same assignment and it's also the de facto meeting place for GVPT grad students.  Frequently this doesn't really contribute to productivity, but it's always a good time and there's always bound to be some interesting conversation.



This morning I was printing stuff in the lab before I ran off to a meeting with the prof I'm TA-ing for.  Someone was commenting that next week was Thanksgiving (really already?!?) and there was the inevitable chorus of "woe is me, I still have to do (fill in the blank)."  Then Alex, our resident optimist, says to me: "Try this one on for size...the end of the semester is only four weeks away."  Thanks, Alex.  As excited as I am to have a month off for winter break, I still have a million things to finish before the semester ends.  Tempus fugit...and not in a good way.  Silver lining: at least I don't have any exams this semester, just lots and lots of papers.  I hope I can get through the next few weeks with my sanity as in tact as possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment