Thursday, November 22, 2007

Foxwoods on Tgiving

I spent most of Thanksgiving Day eating, sleeping, and watching football.  My sister and her boyfriend left around 9pm, and I hopped in the shower, grabbed my Mom's keys, and headed out to the mecca of Ledyard, CT: Foxwoods.  I started to get a little worried once I got of I-95 and there was absolutely no traffic on Rt. 2, a two lane country road that leads right to said mecca.  Usually there is a line of cars headed to gamboool.  No problems parking either (also not a good sign).  "Maybe there won't be any fish in the poker room tonight," I thought.



Fortunately, I thought wrong.



I get seated almost immediately at a $1/2 that makes me very happy.  Big stack in the four seat playing table captain and not doing a very good job at it.  Lots of calling stations who think they are awesome but have no clue (e.g., do not understand when the guy with ATo gets the pot on a 8866x board against pocket fours).  OK, give me a freaking hand and let me do something here.  In the first hour I get JJ, QQ, and KK.  Every single time there is an Ace on the flop and every single time I KNOW someone in the hand has it.  They even get taken down to show down (fortunately not by me), so I can see they have it.  OK, please let me hit a flop. 



I take a bathroom break, pray for a hand, and end up flopping a straight the very first hand back at the table...and get paid.  An hour later and my $200 buy in looks like a meatball sandwich.  Sadly, the aforementioned table captain wannabe busts a few players when the nine seat's KK and six seat's QQ run into his AA and the table breaks around me when said "table captain" gets a couple empty racks and hits and runs immediately after that hand.  Boo.  I decide that I'm too tired to go to a new table and figure out what's what, so I take my sandwich and cash out.



Hopefully tomorrow I can lather, rinse, repeat.



No comments:

Post a Comment