Thursday, November 29, 2007

Memorial/Fundraiser for Kevin

I told one of Kevin's fraternity brothers that I would pass along info about a memorial service/fundraiser for Kevin's family that the fraternity is doing.  It's going to be at the GW Lambda Chi Alpha house on 12/12 at 7pm.  I have class that night, so I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it, but I wanted to spread the word, especially to all the former SA hack types...



I first met Kevin when I got involved with the Student Association my sophomore year in college.  Kevin was Parliamentarian (aka chief rules and procedures guy) my first year on the Senate.  The year I ran for SA Executive Vice President he was on the elections committee and often served as the voice of reason.  Kevin was good people; the kind of guy you could ask the world of and he would do it for you.  I remember a bunch of good times in college with Kevin...going to a Dave Matthews concert at Nissan Pavilion, hanging out with other members of FOCK, all the SA stuff, hanging out at the Lion... 



I don't really believe in an afterlife, but Kevin did a lot of good things while he was on this earth, and will definitely be remembered by many.



No comments:

Post a Comment