Wednesday, April 25, 2007

On the Water Again

1257351_1_2 When I was younger, we spent a lot of time on the water.  My grandparents owned a 40' Panda sailboat and we used to spend at least a few weeks every summer just cruising around on their sailboat.  Lots of good times.  I actually saw a Panda the other day (that's one above) and I did a double take. 



Now my parents seem to rent a Grand Banks every few years and cruise around British Columbia.  It's a free vacation for their lucky daughter, though being on board a boat often means its more of a working vacation as everyone needs to pitch in when leaving or entering a marina.  A few years ago, my parents rented the Claudicus for a month (that's her below with my parents standing on deck) and Jeff and Sarah and I were lucky enough to join them for a week.  We had to take a24196_don_and_debbie_on_claudicus plane, train, bus, car, and three ferries to meet them, but that is definitely another story.



This year my parents are renting another boat, The Lady of Shalott (why an owner would name their boat after a poem about a woman who kills herself in a boat is WAY beyond me, but...) and I'm really looking forward to the trip this July/August.  Hopefully we can get in some good fishing and crabbing.  I'd also like to try to get to one of my favorite museums in the world, the Royal British Columbia Museum, in Victoria, BC.  Of course, getting in some high tea at the Empress Hotel wouldn't be a bad thing either.  I can hardly wait to be on the water again.



1 comment:

  1. I can hardly wait!!!!
    I have been using google earth to think about the stops on our circumnavigation of Vancouver Island.
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete