Thursday, October 2, 2008

My 30th

We were discussing 21st birthdays last night and I said I couldn't remember what I did for mine, but I do remember now...it was at Brickskeller, home of many of my birthdays in college.

In years past I have had birthday parties at:


  • Brickskeller

  • The Big Hunt

  • Four P's/Green Fields

  • Buffalo Billiards

  • Cue Bar (which has now apparently closed :( )

  • Mackey's

  • The Dubliner

  • Fado


Basically the theme here is dive bar (or as close to dive bar as one can get in DC) with a heavy dose of Irish on the side.  I like a place that is not too loud, so I can chill with my friends.  I don't want too many "beautiful people" who are there to impress others...that is definitely not my scene.  Last year I had a really good time at 4P's...but going somewhere two years in a row is boring. 

Current plan is to go out to a nice dinner and then to a chill bar.  Picking a restaurant is the easy part.  The bar is the tough one.  So send me some suggestions that meet the following requirements:


  • not so loud you can't hear yourself think

  • not too many "cool" people on a Saturday night (i.e. NOT a lounge)

  • in DC (though I am somewhat flexible here)


HELP!



1 comment:

  1. no "beautiful people" does that mean i can't come

    ReplyDelete