Thursday, February 7, 2008

Finally saw the Assassination of Jesse James...

Starts out a wee bit slow, but the cinematography is excellent/stunning/beautiful.  I wish I had been able to see it on the big screen (though my 52" tv did it about as much justice as a tv could).  A little long, but worth it in my opinion.  However, the last time I waxed poetic about a movie's beautiful cinematography and it was a little long, I think I was one of two non-critics to like the film.  (Sarah et al, you have been forewarned). 



In short, I recommend it, but only if you want to sit through a slightly (ok, at 2' 40", probably more than slightly) too long movie and can appreciate beautiful cinematography.  Brad Pitt and Casey Affleck's performances were none too shabby either (and James Carville (that's right, the Ragin' Cajun) has a cameo). 



1 comment:

  1. hey man, as long as there's actually a plot line and people have conversations instead of frolicking through fields for over 2 hrs...i think i'll like it. ;-)
    it's on the top of my list right now, i think.

    ReplyDelete