Monday, May 14, 2007

Warning: School is Hazardous to Your Health

When I was in college, I had all kinds of health annoyances.  My hands got really shaky.  My eyelid twitched a lot.  My eyes started bothering me (watering a lot even though I don't have pollen or dust allergies).  I actually went to the doctor about all of these things at various points and none of them were ever diagnosed.  I have since come to the conclusion that medicine sucks at things that don't seriously impact your life.



Well, now I'm back in school again.  And guess what.  All of these things, which largely went away when I was working the 9-5, are back.  I don't see how it can be stress because I was certainly stressed while working - maybe even more stressed than school has me.  It has to be something about school, but I don't know what.



My eyelid has been twitching for over a week now and no matter what it won't stop.  I've gotten more sleep over the past few days than I have the whole week prior.  I've been diligent about taking my daily vitamin.  I haven't had any caffeine.  Out of desperation, I even stuck part of a dollar bill onto my eyelid on the recommendation of someone I know.  That actually worked for awhile until the twitch migrated to the other side of my eyelid. 



I'm hoping to be officially done with everything schoolwise tomorrow.  Hopefully my eyelid will stop twitching.  Quite annoying.



Wow...I can't believe I just wrote a whole post about a twitchy eyelid.  School is turning my brain to mush. 



In other news (that people might (or might not) care about more) I finally got my funding assignment for next year.  I will be molding the minds of UM youth by TA-ing sections of the intro to American government class...  Muhahahahahahaha.  I have been told by those more in the know than me that this assignment can be a workout.  Especially if you get sections of non-majors who don't really want to be there.  One of my friends told me that he had one of his students come in and complain about the fact that he was getting a F in the class.  My friend, who must have been completely frustrated because he is normally uber-polite, told the student that he should be happy with a F because he really deserved a G.  !!!  Hopefully I am up for the challenge. 



No comments:

Post a Comment