Thursday, May 24, 2007

Seattle becomes cooler

208870090_113aaacedb_4 I like Seattle a lot.  So much so that I contemplated applying to UW's Ph.D. program just to be there, eventhough they do not have a very strong program in my area of substantive interest.  Nice weather (to me anyways - hey I grew up in Syracuse, mild and wet is familar to me...and way better than 90% humidity and 90+ degree temps...besides summers in Seattle are NICE), beautiful scenery, THE PACIFIC OCEAN, a good food scene, a great music scene and one of the best radio stations ever - KEXP.



At any rate, looks like Seattle just got that much better.  From Accidental Hedonist: Jones soda gets NFL Seahawks deal.  Of course, Jones soda is already a Seattle institution, but how awesome is it that they got the deal and not Pepsi or Coke? 



For those of you poor souls who have never had a Jones soda...try one sometime.  I don't even like soda all that much, but any company who makes bubble gum flavored soda, turkey and gravy soda, dinner roll soda, mojito soda, ANTACID soda (!), etc. that come in beautifully unnatural colors is alright with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment