Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Top of the Trop, Monday night, 11:10pm

Though I don't really remember how we got on the subject, it quickly became one of those conversations that you want to bottle and save, so the next time someone asks you about yourself you can just say "listen to this" rather than trying to explain it.  My sister and I seem to have those conversations a lot.

This particular evening, we were sitting in the lounge area at the Top of the Trop (which is one of those places I'm glad most people in AC do not know about) with her boyfriend.  We were discussing psychology.  More particularly each of our own psychology.  How it shaped various relationships we've had.  How our personalities have driven our relationships with our parents.  And how all of our personalities interacted together.  How so few people really *knew* our true personalities. 

Sarah noted: "I think a lot of people I know now would be surprised to learn how clingy I was when I was younger."

I responded: "I think a lot of people you knew then would be surprised you are socially functional now."

She rebutted: "I'm more socially functional than you!!!"

I paused for a moment and considered.  I could not disagree.



No comments:

Post a Comment