Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Just Call Me Klutzy Katie

Right after our wedding Jeff confessed to me that the week before our wedding he had an irrational fear of falling down a flight of stairs and breaking his leg.  "You're not that klutzy," I thought.



Well apparently *I* am that klutzy.  I was out doing yard work in the drizzle today and ran inside to go open the back gate.  On my way down the basement stairs, I slipped and fell.  I didn't break my leg, but my left ankle (which hit the stairs on the way down), left shoulder, (which was the break that stopped me from going down the entire flight) and, most importantly, my ass are all killing me.  There is a visible bump on my butt and it is already all kinds of burst blood vessel black and blue (yes, I have been icing it).  I can't really sit without pain.  Less importantly, the shelf in our downstairs bathroom which was hanging on the other side of the staircase wall collapsed along with me, sending seashells and glass everywhere.



Sadly this is not the first time I have fallen down a flight of stairs. 



This wouldn't be such a big deal if Jeff and I were not going on a cruise on Friday.  I don't know if I'm going to be able to do some of the excursions we planned, and I'm really kinda worried about sitting on our flight.  Keep your fingers crossed that the flight down won't be too painful for me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment