Friday, March 26, 2010

Two Random Thoughts About Poker

Both thoughts occurred to me when I was driving to get dinner.  Not sure why.

1) I have played 2/5/10 PLO on more than one occasion.  The stakes do not particularly scare me.  And yet for some reason 5/10 NLHE really scares me a lot.  2/5/10 is a much bigger game than 5/10 NLHE, so why the incongruity?  I think know I have more confidence in my PLO game.  Need to think about this more and think of how I can improve my NLHE game and my confidence.  I am NOT SCARED when I sit at a PLO table.  Depending on the table makeup, sometimes I am a little nervous at NLHE.

2) I feel decidedly anti-feminist for saying so, but I've been thinking a lot about women in poker recently, and most of it is not good.  I'm too tired to write a coherent essay on this topic right now (a la CK), but I do have some additional thoughts on this that I'd like to share.  Let's just say that most of my thoughts on this topic make me feel like a bad person, and certainly a bad woman. 



No comments:

Post a Comment