Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It's March?

It seems like just yesterday when I was wondering what 2010 would bring.  I've been sadly neglecting my blog for a long time.  I have had lots of interesting adventures in the past three months, but I've had various reasons for not wanting to post about them here from 1) my parents read this to 2) lazy.  

January was mostly spent at the Borgata for the Winter Poker open where I drank a lot with @alcanthang, @scsuhockey10, and @spidurman.  I also bubble +1'd the Borgata Winter Poker open PLO $400 tourney.  Yes, that's right.  I played for 12.5 hours, and outlasted 86 people to bust in 11th place when 9 paid.  Frustrating to say the least. (Yeah, that's me in my red UMD sweatshirt at the final two tables about 45 minutes before busting). I suppose I should be happy though because I played my absolute best and was pretty much card dead throughout the entire 12 hours of the tourney.  If I had just had one big hand in the last 9 hours of the tourney, I definitely would have moneyed.

60815659-d4a6f282532001e5ca010185f7ac4dd3.4ba06426-full

The first weekend of March @alcanthang and I went down to Greenville, SC for Mastodon Weekend.  I met some great new people, reconnected with old friends, finally met some people I have been talking to on twitter for awhile, did a lot of hijinking which probably should not be shared in a public forum (here's a clue, if you want the dirt, follow me on twitter), and popped my Wafflehouse cherry.

From South Carolina, I went to NJ for my 5th annual ATLarge, which was similiar to Mastodon Weekend in a lot of ways. Met some new people, chilled with old friends, and lots of hijinking.

And now, here I am for Spring Break in CT.  I've been trying to figure out what to do with my life over the past few months, but it's definitely time to get serious about that.  I plan to rejoin the working world in the near future...assuming I can find a job.  My poker bankroll is in bad shape, and though I love many things about this lifestyle, sweating money and not having health insurance are not very enjoyable.  I've decided that it's not too feasible to do this without living closer to legalized poker.  At the limits I'm playing, I need to put in too many hours.  Since I'm not moving to NJ or NV anytime soon, time to get a job in the meantime, get my bankroll back in good shape, and see what I want to do from there.  Additionally, I really feel an urge to make the world a better place, and grinding out a living on the felt is certainly not contributing to that. Nor is it contributing to my overall intellectual satisfaction.  As a matter of fact, I feel like poker has made me a rather boring conversationalist.  I have certainly not spent any significant time with people outside the poker world in a long, long time.

At any rate, thanks for continuing to read, and I promise I will try to do better about posting more to my blog. I can't promise to be a @realdawnsummers or anything, but I will try.



No comments:

Post a Comment