Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Queen high???

Had a very bizarre thing happen the other day.  Well, hand-wise, anyways.  I have seen some truly bizarre things when it comes to the people I am playing with.

So, I was at Foxwoods this weekend for FARGO.  A great time was had and I'll post a recap soon.  Sunday, post-HORSE tourney, I was playing at a 1/2 NL table.  I had a whole paragraph typed out here about recent (past 6 months or so) adjustments to my style of NL play, but then realized why do I want to share all of this with the world?  ;)  Suffice it to say that I've been experimenting recently with exploiting my usual tight image with some LAG-gy moves here and there. 

So I was at a 1/2 NLHE table with some aggressive players, I had a tight image, and I decided to get a little aggro when I was dealt AKs in the cutoff.  I raised to $12pf, and got heads up with the table fish (on the button).  Now, this guy was a station, but he also knew how to fold if the price was right, so the flop came out J46, rainbow.  He bet out $25, and I immediately check raised all in for about $150 on top.  The guy sitting next to me, obviously thinking I had a monster, whispered, "get 'em, girl." 

Station thinks forever and says: "$150 more?  I guess I have to call."  At this point I think he has a J, but hey, I have two overs, so what the hell.  Hopefully he doesn't have AJ. Turn: 6 River: Q.  I say, well, if you have a pair, you are good.  The table is clearly shocked at this revelation, but not as shocked as me when this guy table QcTc.  That's right.  He called my $150 check-raise all in on a J-high rainbow board with Queen high, no draw.  Then he says he thinks Queen high was good the whole way.  He's not joking or trying to tilt me.  I can tell he is sincere.

And all I can say about that is THANK GOD there are still people like you who sit at poker tables, sir.  Please, continue to call my checkraises with Qhigh!!!  LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment