Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a free-range turkey that my parents' brined this year, and it was probably the best turkey I have ever had.  Really moist, and the texture was really meaty, almost like a pork chop or something.

Why free-range?  My dad drives by a turkey farm on his way to work every day.  He said it's really something because there are thousands of turkeys just chillin day after day...Until one day when there were absolutely no turkeys!  After hearing this story we were making all kinds of inappropriate jokes about mass turkey-apocalypse.  There were jokes about turkey desaparecidos, turkey rapture, turkey genocide.  Yeah, these are all hilarious things to joke about, but if you know my family, you know we have a weird sense of humor.

My dad also made some vanilla ice cream to go with the pies for dessert and it was seriously the best ice cream I have ever had...perfect!

Thinking about going downstairs for a little snack of turkey sandwich in a sec...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment