Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Time to get serious again

In college I was very happy with my weight - especially when I came back from London.  After getting out of college, moving out to the burbs, not having a free gym, and not walking everywhere anymore, I gained a lot of weight.  A few years ago, I lost almost all of that weight doing Weight Watchers and working out a lot - I was only 30 pounds away from my goal at that point - my college weight.



Then I quit work where my weight watchers group and my gym were located, and started school full-time again.  I'm a stress eater and ended up gaining about 15 pounds in the past year.



Well, I've decided to get serious about losing it again.  I have 40 pounds I'd like to lose and I have to get serious after taking the past year off of dieting and going to the gym.  Today was my first day officially tracking points again.  It is hard to eat healthy when you are unable to leave work even to get food and you work from 3-11 pm, but I did it.  I ate my points for the day...and I'm not starving.  Now I remember why Weight Watchers works.  I actually think I can do this during the school year too. 



One of the things they tell you to do in WW is to let people know that you are on plan.  It helps keep you honest.  So here I am, pointing it out to the world again.  I'm doing this and I'm going to be successful.  I know I can do this - heck I lost more than 40 pounds the last time.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment